These easy overnight oats will change your morning routine...
I when I was running MMK Meals, my weekly meal delivery business, there were a few items that I sold each week that were extremely popular, and these overnight oats were one of them. Each week I assembled them in mason jars with seasonal fruit compote, and I could barely find enough jars to fulfill the orders. I’ve been meaning to share the recipe because I’ve gotten several requests, so here it is. This is just the base overnight oats recipe with fresh fruit and nuts on top. You can put the oats into jars with compote, or just eat them in a bowl like this. I promise, you won’t be disappointed. The recipe below makes about 4 generous servings. They last up to 7 days in your fridge, so make the oats this weekend and then enjoy all next week.
This is a quick and easy base overnight oats recipe with fresh fruit and nuts on top. You can put the oats into jars with a jam, jelly or compote, or just eat them in a bowl like this.
- 2¼ cups old fashioned oats (gf optional)
- 1 cup yogurt (I like to use Cocjune coconut yogurt, if using Greek yogurt add an additional 1/4 cup of water to the oats or they will be too thick)
- 1 cup nut milk or dairy milk (I like to use Elmhurst brand almond or cashew milk because it doesn’t have any weird thickeners in it)
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey, plus more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons almond or cashew butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg (or a blend of the two)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean split in half
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Mix all of the ingredients together and put into a large mason jar or bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with fresh fruit and toasted nuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.